Copy and import an .nk2 file to a Outlook
Step 1: Copy the Auto-Complete file from the old computer
- The default folder is a hidden folder. The easiest way to open the folder is to use the command %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Outlook in the Windows Search box.
- Look for the Auto-Complete List (.nk2) file.
- Copy the file to the new computer using a USB memory stick or save to a network folder.
Step 2: Copy the Auto-Complete file to the new computer
- On the new computer, in Control Panel, click or double-click Mail.
- The easiest way search for Control Panel in Windows, and then in the Search box at the top of window, type Mail.
- The Mail icon appears after Outlook starts for the first time.
- Click Show Profiles.
- Note the name of the profile. You will need to change the .NK2 file name to match the name later.
- Copy the .nk2 file to the new computer. The easiest way to open the folder is to use the command %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Outlook in the Windows Search box (or, browse to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook).
- After the file is coped to the folder, right-click the file, click Rename, and change the name to match the profile name.
Step 3: Import the Auto-Complete List
- To import the .NK2 file, you must start Outlook with a special one-time command.
- Type outlook /importnk2 in the Windows Search box and then press Enter.
- Restart Outlook and the auto-complete List should now have the entries from your other computer.