HURRICANE SEASON IS JUNE 1 – NOVEMBER 30
Hurricane Preparation – These steps should be completed before employees are dismissed from work due to a threatening hurricane. Please follow the guidelines in the plan in addition to the steps listed below.
Backup Data Files – Although backups should be part of regular procedures, a separate full backup of your critical data should be performed before the office is closed in response to a hurricane threat. For users who store data files on a network server, your office administrator should perform the backup. It is crucial at this time that a copy of this backup be moved to a secure location an appropriate distance away in order to avoid the possibility that a hurricane would affect both locations.
Computer Storage – As a last step, your computer should be shut down properly and unplugged from the wall outlet. Do the same for the monitor and all peripherals such as printers, scanners, and speakers. Move the computer and peripherals away from windows and doors towards the center of the room. The equipment should be securely supported at least two feet from the floor and covered with plastic sheeting (i.e. trash bag). REMOVE YOUR MAIN SERVER FROM THE BUILDING AND TAKE IT WITH YOU.
Supervisor Action–To Be Done Routinely
1. Keep the Individual Unit Plan available in appropriate locations. Distribute the Unit Plan to all personnel (especially new hires) and periodically review it to ensure that the staff is familiar with its contents.
2. Appoint an alternate who will be responsible in your absence or if people cannot contact you.
3. Review the Individual Unit Plan annually, updating as necessary any of the following:
4. Make arrangements for appropriate remote storage of critical computer disks, back-up files, and archival records.
5. Plastic and tape to protect electronic equipment.
6. REMOVE YOUR MAIN SERVER FROM THE BUILDING AND TAKE IT WITH YOU.
Individual Unit Plan
Individual Action steps are only to be taken when authorized by the department or supervisor. Upon notification of a HURRICANE WARNING status, all personnel should attempt to accomplish the following on an individual basis:
Platinum Computer Solutions Contact Information
Office Number- 504-712-9330
This number will automatically rollover to my cell phone in the event my office line goes down. Remember if the phones are not working, text me.
– info@platinumpc . com
I will try to have updated information on my website about were I am and what is happening.