1. Log onto your Active Directory server that holds the accounts for the required users.
2. Click Start.
3. Click Run.
4. Enter mmc.
5. Click Enter.
6. Click File.
7. Click Add/Remove Snapin…
8. Click Add.
9. Click Group Policy Manager.
10. Click Add.
11. Click Ok.
12. Expand the Forest.
13. Expand the Domain Name.
14. There will be several Group Policies listed, (possibly only one with all the policies in it.)
15. Right-click on the appropriate Group policy and click edit.
16. Group policy object editor will open.
17. Browse through the settings and enable or disable as required.
Logon scripts are very useful. Below is a simple script that can be modified to suit your needs.
echo Welcome %USERNAME% to Platinum Computer Solutions!!!
echo Main Office information system network.
Rem Logon script
REM Drive Mappings**********************
echo J: drive mapped to the Data Directory
NET USE J: thorDATA /yes
echo P: drive mapped to the Public Directory
NET USE P: thorPUBLIC /yes
echo S: drive mapped to the User Directory
NET USE S: thorPROFILES%USERNAME%
echo U: drive mapped to the Utility Directory
NET USE U: thorUtil /yes
NET TIME thor /SET /YES